Online newsletters for clients makes for a solid customer/member relations tool. Some key facts to consider.
- Send it consistently. Pick a date such as the third Tuesday and stick to it.
- Monthly news should be a minimum. Weekly may be okay if your clients have a tolerance for that or you generate enough interesting content. But check their tolerance first. You don’t want in the spam folder or delete without reading file.
- Mention clients–others will look to see when their name appears.
- Talk about new services, features or provide tips from your expertise.
- OCCASIONALLY offer deals. If your newsletter is a regular coupon you devalue your programs and services.
- Send via email and post on your website.
Be sure your newsletter links to your blog or website. Make sure it always contains your contact info in all forms: email, phone, website, social media avenues.
Start spreading the news of your business!